Thursday, May 5, 2011

28 Day Challenge - Day 5 Check In

So this is a mid-point check-in. I ended up going and having lunch with people today (instead of spending my lunch walking and then eating afterwards at my desk). I did eat a light lunch of beef pho (well 1/2 the bowl...the portions were huge) and haven't snacked really at all today (which often is another weakness). 

Since I didn't have my lunch break to walk I've been trying to do little bursts throughout the day. This morning I walked (practically in a jog) the three blocks from the train to the bus (mostly because I wanted to catch the earlier one and not be late to work). And I just got back from walking around the building (with extra attention to running up/down the stairs). Basically the building is shaped like this:


(stairs -->)    [[[[[[[ _________________________]]]]]]]] (<-stairs)
                             |                                                |
                             |                                                |
                             |                                                |
                   =        |                                                |
 (stairs->)     [[[[[[[[|                                                |]]]]]] (<-stairs)                 
                   =        |                                                |
                             |                                                |
                             |                                                |
                             |________________________|

I ran up or down (doing a loop on the side) stairs as I passed by (to help quicken my heart rate).

I still have an hour and a half left at work and I hope to do the same loop at least once or twice more (*fingers crossed*).
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment